Radio

Olatoos

What is Radio

Early radio transmissions only carried dots and dashes of wireless telegraphy. The history of radio broadcasting starts with audio broadcasting services which are broadcast through the air as radio waves from a transmitter to an antenna and then to a receiving device. Stations can be linked to radio networks to broadcast common programming either in syndication or simulcast or both. This information was on wikipedia. com history of radio.
Timeline of Radio

The use of radio was done experimentally around 1905. On Christmas Eve 1906, Reginald Fessenden is said to have broadcast a radio program including violin playing and reading passages of the bible.
Radio was commercially used around 1920
Popular Radio Shows from the 1930's

The Lone Ranger
Masked Texas Ranger who fights injustice in the American Old West with his Indian friend Tonto.
The first appearance was a Radio Show in 1933
It was a very popular show. The show spawned books and later a TV show.

I listened to many episodes on my old radio. com.

Here is one of the clips from this website.
Amos 'n' Andy

Amos and Andy was one of the first radio comedy series. It was a sitcom in Manhattan's historic black community of Harlem. The radio show was written and voiced by two white actors playing a number of different characters. This required their own voice versatility plus different microphone techniques.

It was first broadcast in 1928, it quickly grew in popularity. It ran as a nightly radio show from 1928 to 1943.

I retrieved this information from the website www.radiolovers.com
The A & P Gypsies

The A & P Gypsies was a musical series broadcast on radio beginning in 1924. The host and band leader was Harry Horlick. I learned about this show from the website The Old Radio Show.